View Single Post
Old
11-19-2012, 11:43 AM
scott99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanders1932 View Post
I love seeing success in the Ahl however I'm always hesitant about translating that to the NHL like jeff tambellini. I really hope Nino will make the transition
Let's not forget, Tambellini played several seasons of college hockey before he even stepped foot in the AHL. Tambellini was 21 during his first AHL season and turned 22 at the end of the season. Niederreiter JUST turned 20 and is doing what Tambellini did his first AHL season, avaeraging a point a game (Tambellini had 56 gp 25g 31a 56pts). Whether Nino keeps up the pace is something we'll have to watch. But he's on pace to have a better first full season in the AHL than Tambellini did, at a younger age.

Other differences is Tambellini only used his speed to succeed in the AHL, and that's why he didn't really succeed in the NHL. He was a perimeter player, didn't really wanna get his nose dirty to score those gritty goals. Nino is never afraid to do that, he's a power forward who's willing to get those dirty goals, he also has always been responsible defensively, working on the penalty kill, etc.

I think Nino's game translates to the NHL better than the one dimensional Tambellini.