View Single Post
Old
11-19-2012, 11:57 AM
Habs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
Anderson Silva is simply not superior, much less far superior on the ground to GSP. "The ground" is a lot more than BJJ, and even in that respect, I don't think A. Silva is superior to GSP. Furthermore, GSP could be training with guys like Jon Danaher, Renzo Gracie, and Braulio Estima for the ground game.
Unless we share a remote assessment on Anderson's ground game, this is dead end argument.

Quote:
However, the most important aspect in MMA, happens to be the transition game: not striking, and not ground. If you decide where the fight happens, your chances of winning increase drastically. GSP is clearly superior to Anderson in the transition game.
Anderson will dictate where this fight goes, as he always does. You think GSP is going to do the same takedowns on Anderson he does against the smaller WW? He'll get a face full of feet and fists.

Quote:
And lastly, you're double-charging for things Silva is superior in. Kicking is striking. Size implies reach. When you boil it down, Silva's better at striking(by a big margin), and he's bigger.
Anderson is a better fighter in every aspect, besides.. say.. wrestling. His BJJ is some of the best, his striking is top notch.. and he would have an enormous reach advantage.

Quote:
Nor did things end up well for Henderson, or Marquardt. The fact of the matter is though, that these last two, especially, were the only ones who were able to win a round off A.Silva in a long time. They both used the same strategy, a strategy that GSP can do better.
GSP isn't going to anything better on the ground than Dan Henderson, I hate to break it to you.

Quote:
I said it was possible for GSP to beat him, and not only is it possible, the strategy is already there for him to exploit.
... and I said Georges has a punchers chance. George couldn't even submit Dan Hardy, he couldn't lock in the stupid arm-bar. You think he's going to GNP Anderson to a decision?

Why isn't Anderson moving up to fight Jones, someone his own size? Wouldn't that make more sense?

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote