View Single Post
Old
11-19-2012, 12:01 PM
jkrx

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiessan71 View Post
And your point is what exactly?
Did the Pens build their team around Crosby?
Did the Oilers build around Gretzky?
Did the Bruins build around Orr?
Did the Wings build around Yzerman?
Did the Caps build around OV?
Did the Bruins build around Bourque?

When you have a superior offensive talent, you build around him. Teams have been doing that for over a century now.

And who is saying that Karlsson is as good defensively as Lidstrom?
I will say one thing though, revisionism aside, I don't think Karlsson is all that far behind a 21-22 year old Lidstrom defensively.

In the 30 or so games, including playoffs, that I saw of Karlsson last year, I was actually pretty surprised at how responsible he was defensively and how well he plays one on one.
Actually no, Penguins didnt build around Crosby or Lemieux. They've been trying to build around Crosby but their team was actually built around them having Crosby-Malkin-Staal.

When Karlsson came up he was surrounded with teammates to utilize his offense (yes he is great offensively). This is what happens when you stop suffocating young defensemen like they did to Niedermeyer, Tverdovsky etc in the DPE.

But my guess is that you know what I mean but it doesnt fit in to your whole "Lidström is overrated"-angle you spew in every possible thread. Lets just leave it before this thread becomes another one.

jkrx is offline   Reply With Quote