View Single Post
Old
11-19-2012, 12:43 PM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Now that we are at the 1/3 pole of the year sched wise here are some interesting stats and probably not so interesting observations
Spits record for the season against two division leaders in the west and the 2 highest pt teams in the East which are Barrie and Missy is a combined 0-5-0-1,3 losses to Owen Sd,1 to Barrie and Plymouth,and a shootout loss at Missy
It should be noted that 4 of those losses and the shootout loss occurred on the road,while the other loss was suffered at home in the 1st game of the season vs Owen Sd
No secret here Spits have been awful on the road,this weekend past not withstanding,most feel spits deserved no less the 3 of 4 pts against the 2 best teams in the O"
The Spits have lost only 1 other time at a home,against Guelph,
The Spits record against the rest of league is an impressive 9-4-1-3,and 10 of those games were at home,going 6-1-0-3
Something I have never seen before is a Windsor team or any team for that matter had 2 losses that were decided by a penalty shot game winning goal,the game in Sarnia ,the winner was penalty shot goal by Galchenyuk,and yesterday against Owen Sd on the goal by Brace on the Penalty shot
While the 1st 3rd sure has had its ups and downs,one thing for the relative closeness of the conference,not alot of separation between 4 or 5 teams,going forward its obvious a better road record is required to go higher in the standings,at home little problems exist
As for the team,goaltending has not been an issue both goalies have been very good,I would like to see DeKort play more,he has earned it,just unlucky getting a win as he is 0-3-0-2,Pavelka has been really good in most games and his record stands at 9-6-1-2
Defensively while alot goals allowed more so on the road and the result of too many blowouts,not bad particularly at home,Ebert,Seiloff and Posa are having good years,Sanvido has suprised as a rookie,afterall he was ticketed for Chatham Jr B prior to the start of season,Devlin started the year slowly,has gotten better,needs to keep it up,McNaughton started ok but has declined as his worth is more offence oriented, and he has not provided it with only 3 assists to show,while Bateman has struggled since camp, and is not improving,looks like a lack of confidence has set in,does not look like the player I saw at times last yr,John Bowen probably no more then a 7th D on this team,but I like his toughness,he works hard to improve,at times shows improvement,I like him in that role as it stands
Upfront not enough scoring to suit me,Rychel,Vail,HoSang and Marchese,need more help from the the likes of Clarke,Schoenmakers,and the three most underachieving forwards,Johnson,Maletta,and E.Clark,who have scored a combined total of 8 goals amongst them,not nearly enough
I am not going to point fingers at the 4th line Verbeek is a kid with alot of potential,Bilcke gives toughness and hitting,while Studnicka continues to improve and has proven to be quite useful
Bottom line for me is that if they cant the same amount of effort as was this past weekend of 3 games they will be fine
Consistency,more scoring from the bottom half of the lineup,improved play from 2-3 defencemen,continued fine play by the goalies,and see where the chips fall
Looking ahead I see a couple deals ahead,if Koko returns post Xmas break things could get interesting