Thread: Proposal: NJ - Boston (Larsson)
View Single Post
Old
11-19-2012, 12:50 PM
Oates2Neely

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddabombs View Post
Goalie prospects, no matter how highly regarded they are, will always be a crapshoot. There's just no guarantee that they will transition their game well into the NHL. Obviously this can be said about every prospect no matter their position but this applies to goalies the most.

There's no way M. Subban would be one of the centerpieces in a deal involving Larsson, that would be way too much of a risk on the Devils side. I'd love to get Marchand but not at the price of Larsson. Wedgewood and Kinkaid may not have the same assumed potential as Subban but I'd rather test our luck with those two then trade away our potential franchise Dman for yet another goalie prospect and Marchand.

The loss of Parise is big, no doubt about it. That doesn't mean Lou is going to rush to find a replacement for him and make an absurd deal, such as trading away Larsson. Devils fans have outlined the two Dman that would be most expendable, if a deal can't be worked around those two (Tallinder and Volchenkov) then there isn't a deal to be made.
Good post.

Any names on Lou's radar yet for a top-6 wing? I cant imagine the team wants to run with Clarkson there, he seems perfectly suited for a 3rd line checking role.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote