View Single Post
Old
11-19-2012, 02:31 PM
DKQ
Generic User Title

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
I guess it depends on what criteria you use for MVP..I like the fact that Galchenyuk is not only the leading scorer on his team (by 7 points even though he missed a game) he's also one of only 5 plus (+) players on his team (he's at +7 where the next best is at +4 having only played 14 games). Also, it's a player who brings a very mediocre to below average team into a playoff team.

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...pres-du-sommet

Sur la petite passerelle de presse à Barrie, le nom de Galchenyuk revenait souvent dans les discussions. Jason Ford, le directeur général des Colts, et Glavin, le DG adjoint du Sting, ont chacun reconnu la même chose.

«Depuis un mois, Alex est probablement le meilleur joueur de la OHL», ont dit les deux hommes de hockey.

«Alex transporte vraiment l’équipe sur son dos, a ajouté Glavin. Il a eu besoin de temps pour prendre son élan en début de saison, mais depuis qu’il a retrouvé son rythme, il est au sommet.

Quick translation: From the media box in Barrie, Galchenyuk's name is oftem coming up in discussions. Jason Ford, the GM of the Barrie Colts and Glavin, the Assistant GM from the Sting both said the same thing: "For the last month, Alex has probably been the best player in the OHL" . Glavin also said "Alex is really carrying this team on his back. He took some time to get going at the start of the season, but since he got his timing back, he's at the top"

I know this doesn't mean anything, but its always nice to hear the GM of another team (especially one that has Mark Schiefele on it) say that Galchenyuk has probably been the best player in the OHL during the last month.
Id agree that Galchenyuk has been vital to Sarnia's success, but since MVP is often a "who did the best statistically" award as much as it a "who carried their team the most", I feel that he is behind a few players. If it was entirely based on how much a single player elevates their team, Spencer Martin would be far and away the frontrunner