View Single Post
Old
11-19-2012, 02:38 PM
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
If Huberdeau went 3rd overall ahead of Larsson, I believe Drouin could do the same thing with Jones. It all depends on the teams needs. What if the first 3 lottery teams were Columbus, Toronto and let's say Winnipeg, they all need franchise forward: MacKinnon, Drouin and Barkov. Jones would slip to a team like Edmonton, NYI, Colorado or Anaheim, all teams that needs defense.
I don't see it. Jones upside is so high, higher than Larsson's IMO. He's just simply a better all around player with elite offensive upside. He's a franchise dman, where as I don't think Drouin is a franchise forward. Top line yes, but not franchise forward.

Frankly top 5 will even be tough. Monahan and Lindholm are incredible too, and he's going to have a hard time unseating them too. Both again have an all around game with high, high offensive upside.

At this point I'd say he could be top 5, but it's going to be hard, even as impressive as he's been. This draft is just so deep. Top 3 I'm going to risk being wrong and say he won't touch it. I just don't think he's better than Barkov, Jones or MacKinnon.

Even with team needs taken into account.