View Single Post
Old
11-19-2012, 01:40 PM
LetsGoBears

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Loh is a former Iowa guy, so I instantly smell a rat. Follow the money.

Why was this kept under the table, and did the Regents have enough time to study this properly before voting on it?

Sports, ticket sales, and money, are rooted in rivalries. We now have none. Sure some old schoolers remember losing to Penn State every year before they boycotted us, but I bet we dont even get to play Penn State often at all. We will play all the loser teams. Iowa, Purdue, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Illinois, Indiana.

Would you pay more money to see the Caps play a lame duck division game, or pay more to see one of our old Patrick Division rivals?

I guarantee the board did not hear that side of it. They were sold by hearing Michigan and Nebraska showing up in Byrd would sell out the place, only it still won't be sold out. Book it.
Irrational hatred aside...

Barring some crazy realignment moves, they're either going to be in a division with Penn State/Ohio State or Michigan/Nebraska. They will be playing some form of the "top dogs" each year based upon the division. Also, Wisconsin has become a close to a mainstay in the top 25, and Nortwestern has been improving as a program and has been in the top 25 the past two years at some point. Hell, the same thing can be said about Rutgers except they're maintaing the top 25 ranking better.

It's better conference for football and on par with the ACC in basketball recently, and they will get more money out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
ACC is a quality conference for most sports, just not football. And it is, easily, the best basketball conference now that Syracuse, Notre Dame, and Pittsburgh are moving to the ACC.
That is a bit of a stretch.

Last edited by LetsGoBears: 11-19-2012 at 01:46 PM.