View Single Post
Old
11-19-2012, 01:53 PM
cardiffgiant
Race to the bottom!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsabres View Post
Donīt know what artvoice is, my account is not free, I dont use craigslist not into getting scammed and Google is not free and google is a virtual search engine that is worth $150,000,000,000 which yes makes money from usage.
And in a few short words we're in full agreement. I rattled off the first "free" business models that came to mind and we've found one that you use. All of these offer a service to viewers and succesfully acheive revenue from other sources. All of them would have any one of them would (and some have) had difficulty shifting from this model to a direct pay to use model.

Quote:
What is your point?
This is my point:

Quote:
Nothing is free and paying can go beyond just currency.
Let's say that you signed onto google tomorrow and were presented with a notice that, while your next 5 searches would still be free, you will now be charged a monthly premium if you wish to use the service. There is a very strong chance that you'll try alternatives.

This isn't because you feel like everything should be free or that you shouldn't have to pay for things that are of value to you. It's because the business that has set that expectation for their product, and now wishes to change their product without offering anything new.

You say that it's sad that so many people have the opinion that everything should be free. The fact is that businesses do this to themselves, and then find themselves faced with a lot of challenge once their costs or the market for their alternative sources of revenue run into trouble.

cardiffgiant is offline   Reply With Quote