View Single Post
Old
05-23-2006, 12:42 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

vCash: 500
I'm very comfortable with the direction this team is heading in. I don't think we're that many players away from a 5+ position in the East. In fact, we might not be any players away, just a bit more time for the youngsters like Ryder, Higgins, Komisarek and Plekanec to mature and gain a bit more experience.

I've been hoping for Carbo for a long time before he was hired and if there's something I thought he'd do well, it's to have his team play consistent hockey, no matter the type of hockey. That along with a consistent goalie (fingers crossed) and a D that proved it could play at a high enough level will do wonders to make sure we avoid the kind of desastrous fall we had in the middle of last season.

I'm also very happy with our prospect pool. It's been a long time since I've looked at our system and thought we had some serious potential in there but with Price, Latendresse, Chipchura, Lapierre, Kostitsyn and Emelin, I feel really confident we'll be able to fuel on some cheap talent for a long time (and therefore keep our core together for a longer period).

If I was to nitpick or wonder about certain weaknesses then I'd definitelly say the center position is not a strength right now and we either need more production from the top-2 lines (which implies getting an other scoring winger) or better secondary scoring (which implies more depth to create better balanced lines). Finally an other steady puck mover would be nice, doesn't have to be elite.

But regardless, I think this team will do fine even if we just fill one of those needs.

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote