View Single Post
Old
11-19-2012, 03:09 PM
wings5

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
You're just not informed.

Russia disagreed to sign the trasnfer agreement because the European teams got next to nothing for raising top WORLD talent. Millions of $$ are spent on raising Malkins and Ovechkins, and all that NHL would transfer is some lousy $150,000-$200,000 to the club for a 1st round pick?? MAYBE? (they wouldn't even do it all the time!). While these Superstars would go off to NA and make the NHL Hundreds of millions of dollars! Wait a minute, that's not fair!

It's been stated many times that the FHR made offers where they would get paid significantly more for top round picks, yet NHL refused. So here we are, KHL is developing and NHL talent from Eastern European countries is decreasing.

You're also not informed and dead wrong if you think that nothing is done in Russia about making it more attractive for players to stay. Not to mention that it is working already.

Why should the KHL players be valued less than NHL? Why should KHL/VHL/MHL system be a feeder league to NHL (In principal)? Why can't it be better?(again in principal) Those are all valid questions.
I can understand this frustration and I do believe more needs to be given to the clubs who develop these players, should be based on games played and success in the NHL. I do however detect some bitterness from you that the NHL is the top league and and not the KHL. Not to disrespect but I don't believe the KHL can overthrow the NHL in terms of being the prime destination to play anytime soon. Many people from all over the world see America as the place of opportunity and a way to escape the troubles in their countries. Despite some areas it is generally seen in a positive light. I simply don't know if I can say the same about Russia.