View Single Post
Old
11-19-2012, 03:40 PM
blitzkriegs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYI78 View Post
i'd have to disagree here...while he is not a complete two way player yet.....he is attacking the net hard..he is taking the body..passing well, his assist yesterday was sick..killing penalties..what are you seeing that i'm missing live? i agree that he is not a finished product but i really think your nitpicking here which is fine..his play reaks of confidence...everyone was ready to ship him out this year..lets enjoy the fact that he is third in the ahl in scoring now
'sick' plays are much easier in the AHL, than the NHL. Why? because the caliber of the league is NOT the NHL.

I just did not see a player that was confident hitting players in stride to keep the momentum of breakouts going or moving through the neutral zone. Along the boards? Not his strength.

Again, the bottom line is he is NOT NHL ready. He is skilled, but is flawed and needs more time with less pressure to develop. That's all. People see stat lines and so 'yeah, he's amazing, 1st line Mike Gartner!' - Come on, the Isles need to let this develop in the "A" until he is comfortable with his game and body. People saw flashed of brillance in Bailey's passes in his rookie year. Years later, the team and its fans are waiting to see that consistently.

Hamonic - looked smooth, calculated, and savvy - qualities of an NHL player. Nelson, looked similar w/o having NHL games.

Last edited by blitzkriegs: 11-19-2012 at 03:46 PM.