View Single Post
Old
11-19-2012, 04:01 PM
Hockey Duckie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
I would much prefer Trout be a 2 or a 3 hitter soon, he'd help us score more runs because he'd be getting on base for albert and also driving others in as well
I think Trout will eventually become a clean up hitter once his swing becomes more consistent and once he gets man muscles fully developed. No one thought he would hit 30 homers this year! I thought Trout would be Peter Borjous, but with a little more pop. He's superseded that thought. Yet, when we look at our current roster, we don't have a viable leadoff hitter outside of Trout. We've been trying for a couple of years and nada. Fleet Pete has been designated to be 7,8, or 9 hitter. My hopes is he can slide into that #2 slot. When Torii was put into a #2 slot, his job was to put the ball in play, not to hit to be the savior. That change in mentality made him become a better hitter because he doesn't have to carry the team, in a sense.

As much as I'd like to see Trout in the #2 or clean up spot, he's much scarier as a leadoff hitter in the first inning. Trout sets a tone once he gets on base by either hitting or walking onto a base. And then if he does get on base, then he gets into the pitcher's head as to when he could or might steal a base. If the team can score in the first inning, then it will relax our pitcher.

There's no real need to change what works until you find some other player that can work in Trout's place in the batting line up.

I read online a rumor that the Royals maybe dumping some of their talent. I doubt that they would since they have a nice collection of youngsters, but 3B Moustakas is rumored to be shopped around. From what I hear is a starting pitcher. My head slumped when I tried to look further into it. I wonder if we can package any other deal, but KC is stacked with high profile prospects and we got nada.