Thread: Petr Mrazek
View Single Post
Old
11-19-2012, 04:18 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Filppula, White, Ericsson, Franzen, Cleary, Helm, were out at the same time for a significant stretch
When did this happen? Lids played all games two seasons ago; Flip this season. White missed 5 games, Franzen 6 and 7 games. All teams suffer injuries like that, many/most much worse.

Quote:
Yet Howard was in the Vezina conversation while carrying the team on his back. I also remember the Grand Rapids Griffins grunted out a win against Quick and the Kings only because Howard was the best goalie on the ice and DOMINATED them. He allowed 1 goal on over 50 shots. Fluke? Nope, he was winning games like that every night during that stretch.
Source that he was in Vezina conversation? And what point? Till All Star game, maybe but that's not big enough sample size for me. And he still played most games against one of the best D ever and top two defensive forwards.

And what was this stretch that you mentioned and what were he's numbers during that stretch?

One game insn't telling much about anything.

Quote:
Average goalie
No, average starting goalie.

I'd have

Price
Quick
Rinne
Lundqvist
Halak
Schneider
Luongo
Kiprusoff
Thomas
Miller

all of those above him at this point. Then some like Ward, Hiller, Lehtonen, Smith are around wash for me.

top 10-15 goalie for me makes him avg starting goalie. We'll see next season is he better than that.

edit. and what Henkka pointed out. Only one season. He needs to prove himself more (to be an elite goalie). Smith had elite season too, last year, arguably Elliott too. Before last year, many thought they were not even legit starters.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote