View Single Post
Old
11-19-2012, 04:31 PM
FUBAR McDangles

vCash: 710
Forgot to say, before the game when my buddy and I were on our way to the X, we were standing on the corner waiting for the light to cross. Standing next to us is a trio speaking another language.

I turn to my buddy and say, "Finns. Guaranteed."

"Nope. Czechs. They make that weird throat-R sound. Czechs."

I kinda nod and look back at the trio and then go, "That would suck if they came all the way over here to see FBJ, only he's injured now." my buddy berates me saying why would a bunch of Czechs come all the way over here to see Mikael? And my only response was to look at the Aeros roster and tell me exactly how many Czechs there are on the roster. Dumbfounded him.

A few minutes later when I'm at will-call getting my tickets, the trio is in the stand next to us. Lo and behold it was Erik Haula and I'm guessing his father, plus another dude. My buddy would not believe me that it was Haula or that they were Finnish. I had to look up a picture of the guy on my ipod quick and show my buddy a comparison.

Almost wanted to ask him to sign my jersey, but decided not to. The three were not getting any special attention and Erik had a hat pulled down pretty low on his face so I'm guessing they were trying to fly under the radar. Oh well. It was kind of cool.

FUBAR McDangles is offline   Reply With Quote