View Single Post
Old
11-19-2012, 05:33 PM
Riptide

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Obviously I read the post, as I responded to it. No need to suggest otherwise.

I think I demonstrated a competent grasp of your point. It really isnt that difficult to comprehend.

Neither is the point that cutting out non-viable markets would make the need for low-balling players and locking them out passe. Linking the cap to revenues is a fools game as it only addresses one half of the balance sheet. If the owners and the players are to be true partners, then a profit sharing model would be more equitable, considering each side would share the benefits of revenue and the risks of expenses.
Clearly you didn't, or you still wouldn't be parroting this. All cutting/relocating non-viable markets does is create new non-viable markets (under the current system).

Quote:
It would be in both sides best interest to grow the game, avoid damaging lockouts/strikes, and pruning the branches/teams that arent producing fruit/revenue.
It's in both sides best interest today to grow the game. Players average salary went up by over 1m in 7 years. As long as the cap is tied to revenues, then it's in the players best interests that revenues continue to increase. However they do not seem to care much at all about the overall health of the game, as none of their proposals do anything other than ensure they're paid as much as possible.

Quote:
Bettman has had three or four kicks at the can and he is no closer to ending labour strife than he was when he first took the job. That should result in his immediate dismissal as it was one of the main tenants of his mandate when he was initially hired.
It takes two sides to come to an agreement. So to blame this all on Bettman is just plain wrong. As long as the NHLPA continues to have almost zero interest in negotiating, then the lockout will continue. And while you're comparing Bettman's track record with work stoppages... how many did Fehr go through in the MLB?