View Single Post
Old
11-19-2012, 05:35 PM
The Naz
With God given hands

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungbaby View Post
Nobody said that what Lupul has said was wrong or that he couldn't say what he wanted to say. Yet, You must admit that his opinion is pretty biased and says nothing about the other side of the coin. Lupul brought up Gary Bettman's lockout record, well and good, but he looked a little dumb saying it when Fehrs lockout/strike record is 3 times worse. Nothing wrong with someone pointing that out in retort.

Saying anything negative about Lupul is hard for some because he's currently a Leaf. Others are able to see both sides objectively and know that both sides are being pretty stupid.
Yes they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf View Post
He's not right though, especially when.....
Like I said, he's right in stating those facts. I get your point about Fehr and Bettman, and their lockout history. But they have their legit reasons to disagree.

I think the last lockout was just by the owners, and even this one to a degree, but I don't think leaving it as a lockout over 2-3% is constructive. If you want massive gains/concessions, you will have to endure massive discrepancies in negotiations. I think that a middle ground between 50/50 and 57/43 is fair for a short lockout. The fact that the players are willing (as I am to understand) to get to 50/50 within a 6-7 year CBA is great by them. That is a huge concession. It appears, from my perspective, that the owners are being greedy in this negotiation. They want it all, and they want it NOW. That's not being cooperative in normal negotiations. I know from experience.

If you want it all, now, you will have to wait until next season to get that. If they can at all.

Personally I think the majority of owners won't want this to last all season. They will eventually concede a little and offer something more palatable to the players.