View Single Post
Old
11-19-2012, 04:41 PM
s7ark

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Well we certainly disagree. I went to a ton of Eskimos games over the years and more often than not in the last half dozen years I found Rays performance to be underwhelming and with a lot of people at games agreeing with that assessment.

What we have going on now is some revisionist theory on the basis of Ray suddenly looking like a much better QB.

man for awhile there yesterday Ray was flirting with 80% completions, plus 500 yds passing pace, and was having himself a better performance in a big game then I've seen from him in years. So yeah it does piss me off to no end that he's doing this now that he's traded.
Too bad complacent RR didn't play like this here for a longtime or he'd still be here.

The specific reason I want people to cite actual series of games where he was this good here. (4 games in a row) is so that they will actually dig and go beyond the "Ricky played well here" which I've heard enough thanks. Which is largely an opinion.

AS for HOF numbers that would be in passing yds period. Or QB efficiency rating which I put no stock in as applied to the CFL. In terms of actual results and big game results Ray did very little here. Even the 2005 Grey Cup wouldn't have been ours if Jason Maas hadn't lifted the club through from RR's failing arms. Rays accomplishments here are overstated. One very solid year and including Grey Cup in 2003, the one he got a lot of help with in 2005, and absolutely nothing since.

Finally, I've been an Eskimos fan since before you were born. So I think I have some background in which to speak relatively on QB's. I can tell you I've seen a lot of QB's here that I consider to be better than Ricky Ray.
Ok then. So we're back to your eye and preferred stats trumps my eye and preferred stats. Keep arguing it then, I'll just ignore your rants on the matter as I don't see them based in reality. I guess we'll never see eye to eye on it. Oh and I went to a lot of Ricky's games here too. Many posters on here can claim the same.

Btw - I have a copy of the 2005 Grey cup game on my computer and watch it from time to time. While Maas may have stepped in down the stretch(WC final specifically), Ray was the one putting up 38 points and completing OT TDs to win the Cup. Saying that win was Maas is really an example of revisionist history.