View Single Post
Old
11-19-2012, 04:51 PM
Yakushev72

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSlater View Post
Sure, I agree that he has nothing to gain if he plays poorly. If he goes and plays poorly and nothing at all comes of his play, he loses ~ $10,000 in pay. If however Nugent-Hopkins goes over to Europe and has a dominant tournament, which I think is in play, his exposure would go up quite a bit. RNH is not Crosby. His is known throughout Canada, but I wouldn't say he is necessarily famous east of the prairies. Even in Ufa this tournament will expose him to millions of Canadians who may hardly ever see the Oilers. If he gets one commercial spot or an extra advertiser then he is certainly more than making up for his missed AHL income. I really doubt that this would even factor into his thinking though, since the AHL salary is so small and the potential income generated would be so difficult to isolate.

Also, this is where I was reading about Eberle's salary:
http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...o-ahls-barons/
Well, at this point, I am convinced that there are no major factors holding him back. I hope he does play, because it will elevate the level of play at the tournament and require everybody to bring their best game to bear.