View Single Post
Old
11-19-2012, 05:48 PM
sjaustin77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_OReilly_Fan View Post
i think in all your aguments though is lost a certain reality. you are trying to hold the owners to your idea of logic... or maybe the common man's idea of logic. but these are billionare's on huge ego trips

Until you can grasp what motivates a professional sports owner, you wont be able to create a 'fix' to this lockout that has any chance of working.
I have to break this out into a few posts. But wow just wow. I'm the one who isn't looking at reality?

The owners do have egos but if it was about egos there wouldn't be a lockout. It is also about profits.

I grasp what motives an owner very well. Egos, competitiveness, money among other things. I have shown how the fix works for everyone on the players offer. Do you realize how close the owners and players offers were on money?

If the players offer isn't a fix, then neither is the owners. And if over $350M/year in cash and over $700M in cash and Franchise value for the owners doesn't work then I don't know what the hell will. I guess they can shut down the league and not make that money. People say they can make it up in their other businesses. If it was that easy to just produce that type of money from their other businesses very few would be in the NHL - ego or not.