Thread: AAA 2012 Draft
View Single Post
Old
11-19-2012, 05:59 PM
BudsBuster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Farkas View Post
Thanks 70s. When I first started reading I thought it was going the way of, "Emerson is solid...but Murphy, what were you thinking?" and in my head, I thought, "alright, Murphy looks like he should have been picked a while ago...probably before a good number of d-men I already had...and Emerson is the tag-a-long to do some special teams work"

Then after I read it all, I see that you praise Murphy. From mental perception and memory, Murphy was better than Poti. Especially defensively as Poti has been very up and down in his career depending on the situations and pairings he's in. Not sure if numbers reflect that or if numbers exist to reflect that. But he was very inconsistent defensively over the course of his career. And I mean that literally: some years he was one of the better defensive players on his team and some years he was about the worst.

I'm having a hard time picking who's better at wing, my 4th liners (Errol Thompson and Nelson Emerson) or my 2nd liners (Jiri Dopita and John Anderson)...is that normal at this level or did I just goofball my second line so bad that it looks close...?

Jason Blake is just so brutal. I can't stand him. I've seen him open-hand slap a player in the face before...c'mon man! Fun fact*: Jason Blake, in the expansion era, is the all-time leader in "most players put offside" averaging over 8.4 per game!

I too hate him dearly... especially as a leafs fan, But he is not a terrible hockey player. he has speed and for a little guy, he digs hard in the corners, and plays bigger than he is. Also is ok defensively.

He has decent offensive upside with seasons of 69,63, and 3 more in the 50s he looks good on a wing with a big body and solid face off guy.

Last edited by seventieslord: 11-19-2012 at 06:21 PM.
BudsBuster is offline   Reply With Quote