View Single Post
Old
11-19-2012, 06:38 PM
hockey jockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBfan View Post
The picks for the Q Prospects game this weekend were interesting.

Fredericton had 4 97s, all Dmen: Lus Deschenes, Matt Paul, Jake Vance and David Comeau. Moncton had two, in Alex Jacob and Phil Myers, and Miramichi and Saint John just one each, in Hugo Robichaud and JM LeBlanc, respectively. Omitted: Fredericton's Tompkins (injured), Daley, Hachey, Pellerin and Billings; Moncton's Belec, Alward, Ward (injured) and Landry; Miramichi's Theriault, Woulds, Beaulieu and Scott; Saint Johns Bowers, McInnis and Gunn. Bower's omission was glaring.

I thought all acquitted themselves well, especially Jacob. He, Colby Towers and Tyler Boland each showed flashes of brilliance.

All weekend, Jacob lived up to the hype, IMO. Some who've been all the rage looked no stronger than the pack.
I was a really surprised with a couple of the NB picks , I thought Daley and Bower would have being picked and Tompkins if he was not injured.Do you know if each province is a allowed so many players based on number of teams? or is this all picked by central scouting? or are names submitted by there coaches?

Jacob and Tower were good and so was Boland but he is a 96, anyone who was not convinced of Jacobs ability before should be now , he still needs to grow to play in the Q I really hope he does because at 135lbs that will not cut it no matter how skilled he is but for now he is a dominate player in midget if he grows look out at the next level.

hockey jockey is offline   Reply With Quote