View Single Post
Old
11-19-2012, 06:48 PM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 5100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Devils don't need goalie prospects, Lack may be better than the ones we currently have, but there's absolutely no room for him in the system. There's many things I'd want back in exchange for Zajac before a goaltending prospect. Raymond wouldn't have much value to us, as he is a UFA at years end.

The structure of the deal is pretty good, but the UFA part is my only concern. How is Schroeder as well, from what I've seen and read he seems to be more of a third line all-around guy at the NHL level.
Schroeder has great speed, skill, and work ethic, however his size is a bit of a question mark, so I don't think he'd do well in a third line checking role(a bit of a problem, as we have Henrik and Kesler set in stone in our top-6). He's primarily a playmaker, but because of that and his lack of quality linemates over the years, his point totals don't look to impressive, but he does generate a lot of chances that proper NHL calibre players might have capitalized on, as well as being quite solid in his own zone.

So a slightly high-risk, high-return prospect, his potential is likely Derek Roy, but better defensively and with slightly less offense.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote