View Single Post
Old
11-19-2012, 06:53 PM
Stats01

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoSports View Post
People bash Toronto for not supporting the CFL, but come on.. the city has outgrown the league. There are still a lot of older people who watch the CFL so the argos will be around for at least a little longer. But once these old extremely patriotic/xenophobic peeps are gone there will be little generation x/y fans to pick from. I mean the older ones don't really make it to the game but will probably watch on TV (this is why the tv ratings are decent).

Toronto has more selection when it comes to sports. No other city can relate, thus why we get negative feedback. It's far from the number 2 game in Toronto.
Exactly, it's hard for people in small markets, like Regina, Calgary, Edmonton etc. to understand the culture of Toronto. No where else in Canada can you get as many options of sports entertainment as we do in Toronto. I'm in the minority when it comes to the CFL in this city. I love the CFL game and I love the Argos but for a lot of people it's just not on their radar. The CFL is so popular in these other cities because it's the only pro sports team they have besides their hockey teams. Here totally different animal. I really wish people would look at the whole picture before opening their mouth about Toronto and the negative spin they like to spill.

And it's not like we draw flies, we outdrew Montreal this season, and we consistently draw 22,000-25,000 a game. To me thats on par with the rest of the league.

Stats01 is offline   Reply With Quote