View Single Post
Old
11-19-2012, 07:35 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoWelsh View Post
I am going to the Icemen v. Nailers game on Wednesday in Wheeling. Give me some names of guys I should pay attention to. (This is much easier than doing the research myself)
If it's actual Jackets prospects you're looking for, then I believe Anton Blomquist and Trent Vogelhuber are the only remaining guys down there. As for the other guys, there are certainly some talented journeymen there, but not much in the way of actual potential. A guy like Dan Gender had huge potential just a few years ago, but the pro game has proved to be too physical on him. Todd Robinson is one of the top playmakers in the ECHL, but is nearing 34 years old.

Some other guys have spent time with Evansville (Madaisky, Regner, Weber, Gabriel), but have moved on to other options. There were some legitimate NHL prospects down there for a bit also, though they weren't Jackets property (Brett Sonne, Tyler Shattock, Cody Beach, Anthony Nigro) ... really, with the lockout, guys are moving around in droves ... this would be the biggest issue with ECHL hockey.