View Single Post
Old
05-23-2006, 03:49 PM
Artie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPool
I was reading articles in the AHL forums and it got me thinking.

Why don't we move the Bulldogs to Montreal? Why can't a business man buy or bring a Q team here?

We just came out from a sold-out season at the Bell Centre. People are fighting for tickets. (I got playoffs tickets and was the envy of all my friends. Habs tickets are almost becoming a social status.)

We all know that a Q or AHL team would have made HUGE money during the lockout. Hell, the Chiefs/Verdun teams did brisk business at the Bell Centre during the lockout.

The hockey faithfuls here need an alternative option. Whoever comes up with it, will be a rich man. (High attendance and TV sells should be enough to make a good-enough profit.)
As somebody already mentioned, we've had Q teams in the Montreal area and they did NOT do well. The Rocket packed up and moved. The Titans de Laval moved as well.
We have to ask ourselves...Is Montreal a Hockey city or a Habs city? How many people have been continuing to follow the playoffs once the Habs were eliminated? Go to Champs or any Cage aux Sports and see the difference.

Artie is offline   Reply With Quote