View Single Post
Old
11-19-2012, 09:37 PM
Evincar
I have found the way

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Phil View Post
I guess if I have to lean on either side I'd say Weber was robbed more in 2011. It was more a case of lazy voting and going based on reputation. Weber, like Blake, was the catalyst of his team perhaps even more so. Either way, whether it is 2011 or 2012 Weber has a Norris by now in my world.
Bingo. Here's just an example from Adam Proteau of TheHockeyNews:

Quote:
NORRIS TROPHY
The award presented to the league’s best all-round defenseman should go to the greatest blueliner of his generation: the 40-year-old Nicklas Lidstrom, who already has six Norris Trophies in his cabinet.

Now, you can talk about slight slippage in Lidstrom’s game and point out that he was a minus player (minus-2) for the first time in his career. I don’t care. If you asked all NHL coaches which D-man they’d put out on the ice at any time in a crucial game, the grand majority would reply with Lidstrom’s name. And on the offensive end, he finished the year with 62 points - his best total since 2007-08. Sorry, Shea Weber, but the professor isn’t leaning on his tenure enough for me to give you the Norris. Yet.

1. Nicklas Lidstrom, Detroit Red Wings
2. Shea Weber, Nashville Predators
3. Keith Yandle, Phoenix Coyotes
4. Lubomir Visnovsky, Anaheim Ducks
5. Kris Letang, Pittsburgh Penguins