View Single Post
Old
11-19-2012, 08:58 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
I see nothing wrong with DD. He was the 20th most productive center last season; played 81 games; won nearly 50% of his faceoffs; was +10.

Not bad for and undersized, under rated, never drafted player.
I think people are obsessed with size. Sure habs lack some toughness and size down the middle, but it doesn't make the assets they have bad. Perhaps we need someone better, that's reasonable, but DD isn't the problem. It's just like Koivu, he was never the problem, management's decision on keeping him as a 1st line center without good wingers or support was the problem. DD is an NHL caliber player, I have no issue with those saying he's an asset to potentially get someone better. I think we all get there's a need for an elite forward. I just don't understand the "HE HAS TO GO" attitude people give. He's not the problem. Montreal having to put him as a 1st line center? Sure, that's a problem, but it's not his fault nor is he bad because he's misplaced. He's an offensive guy with offensive players. There is bigger, stronger, more talented guys out there, but until we get one DD will continue to help the team.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote