View Single Post
Old
11-19-2012, 10:58 PM
silkyjohnson50

vCash: 500
I agree with Eva that Shanny doesn't belong in the conversation yet. He was a huge piece to those teams thanks to his goal scoring ability and toughness, but he was always the 3rd best forward on Detroit (granted behind some great players). He was an elite power forward when he first came to Detroit, but never really an elite player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaster View Post
Zetterberg. Old guys suck.

I don't buy that at all. Aside from the fact that the two of them haven't regularly played on the same line in years, most of Zetterberg's best stretches in recent seasons have been when Datsyuk has been injured and out of the lineup. I think Zetterberg would be just as good without Datsyuk as he is with, at least as much as the inverse is true. Hank's a gamer. Often under-appreciated in that regard.
Z's done a fantastic job of elevating his game when Datsyuk's been out in recent years, and that's just another reasons as to why he will be the next to wear the "C". But when Datsyuk and Zetterberg are both in the lineup, Datsyuk's been the better player more often. It's close and they're both franchise type centers, but the team simply looks different when Datsyuk is playing. As Ken Daniels said a couple of years ago, "as great as Lidstrom and Zetterberg are, Datsyuk is the straw that stirs the drink."

silkyjohnson50 is offline   Reply With Quote