View Single Post
Old
11-19-2012, 10:00 PM
alphafox

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Fair enough.

I'm a big believer in Atkinson, actually. I even drafted the kid late as a prospect in my keeper league (it's a deep league), so I've been following his progress for a few years now out of self-interest.

I just thought Prospal would have the job until he loses it. I definitely understand the idea of just rolling 3 lines regularly, I can easily see Columbus doing this for a while, until they can figure out where all their cards fall: who has chemistry with whom, best fits, etc...
Exactly what I meant. For good or ill Columbus really doesn't know exactly what they have personnel/chemistry wise until the new group gets to play together. With guys like Prospal and Aucoin tutoring the youngsters it will be interesting to see the line combinations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Even though I love him and wouldn't want him dealt unless it's for an overpayment, would a deal around Eller for Anisimov work ? Or is it too close to being a lateral move ?
Not to bring to much realism to this what if post, but a deal around Eller isn't very likely. Eller projects as a #2 center a role that Brassard, Anisimov, and Johansen already are capable of filling. Additionally, depending upon upon the result of the 2013 draft it is likely that Columbus could end up being very deep down the middle (CBJ likely will have at least top 5 pick so say add Monahan too Johansen, and Boone Jenner). Now if Eller could be converted to wing it might be a different story.

Last edited by alphafox: 11-19-2012 at 10:06 PM.
alphafox is offline   Reply With Quote