View Single Post
Old
11-20-2012, 12:04 AM
The Nose
#thefuture

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasis View Post
Yeah I think this is gonna be an extra Xmas gift to myself. Dat savings from not buying Gamecenter Live this year, too!

As to the whole Dynasty thing, I'm relatively new. I've gone up to 5 seasons before in past years but never did too much tinkering. This time around I decided to mess with some of the core a bit more, though still not too drastically, and it's been somewhat disastrous. Anyone care to chime in as to what they think could be the cause?

3rd year of NYR. Won cup in the 1st season, beaten by Sabres in 2nd round during 2nd season, and this season has been pure suck up until the mid-way point of 41 games played. Team is 18-19-4, and my leading goal-scorer is Gaborik with 14. Nash and Kreider have 11, Skinner has 8. I do realize they could do a lot better in the 2nd half, but there are just too many blow-out games against me in sim mode.

I'm running a top 6 that's some variation of (I've flipped wingers):

Kreider (82) - Richards (87) - Gaborik (89)
Hagelin (81) - Skinner (84) - Nash (85)

Bottom 6 comprised of: Pyatt (75), Boyle (79), Rowe (76), Lindberg (78), Rupp (75), Asham (73).

Lundqvist in net, still at (91) backed up by Missaien who's a (77).

Blueline is pretty stacked, imo. McDonagh (89), Staal (86), Girardi (86), Del Zotto (85) and then a variety of third liners I switch around, but generally it's Ristolainen and Gustafsson who are both at (79).

I still do pretty well when I'm playing, but simming is just kind of poop. Thinking of blowing it up and starting fresh... no idea why my stars aren't putting up numbers and so many are being scored against me. It's like the loss of Stepan and Callahan neutered the team. Could it be that my bottom 6 is too low-rated? Do I need to part ways with a D-man or two and pick up some better depth? Edit: Asham retired, I just remembered. I'm not sure who I replaced him with... but I know it was some FA pickup that's around a 75-76.
I've had the same problems. It takes a lucky season for Crosby to hit 82 points using simulation. It's weird how good my team could be but we still don't make the playoffs. I think it has something to do with the messed up simulator... I'm getting shut out WAY too often and I have all 85+ on my first two lines.