View Single Post
Old
11-20-2012, 01:13 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyvale420 View Post
I think scrumming after a hit is nothing more than posturing BS that is a waste of time and energy for the players involved, the refs who have to break up the smelly glove pansies who usually wont drop the gloves yet will delay the game for the rest of us.

My view on 'standing up for your teammates' is that it is very selfish. What if you cause a whistle when your team is on an odd man rush? Does the coach care that the rookie got knocked down because he doesnt keep his head up, or does he care that you just ruined a scoring chance and now may be in the penalty box for 2-5?

The team thing should be playing hockey. Save the scrum energy for your next shift (which will be a lot sooner than being in the box or having a seat next to the backup)

I loathe scrums to the point of thinking 90% of players have glove sweat fetishs
If I was a coach I would hate it if my players would not retaliate. This is your comrade in arms laying on the ice.

I'm not talking about normal hits here. I'm talking about punishing dangerous hits whether they are clean or not.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote