View Single Post
Old
11-20-2012, 12:22 AM
Jules Winnfield
Kessel is phat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
Neither can Sid or Geno. Who is in the pipeline there? Not saying you are wrong, I just don't get that kind of rationalization.
That's why you always take the BPA regardless of position.

I'm not convinced the Pens took the BPA at #8. Based on the way the Pens have drafted and where the strength of their scouts are, I'm convinced the Pens drafted a player they liked a lot and wanted based on how much they saw him due to drafting Morrow previously. There's nothing wrong with that either. I think there was a group of players that they probably all had rated close and they took Pouliot due to their familiarity with him. They knew what they were getting with him more than the others available IMO.

Also, Shero and Bylsma put a premium on defensemen who can skate and play the transition game. They've mentioned this countless number of times in previous interviews about what they like in defensemen. I heard them mention this a number of times when they acquired Paul Martin as well

That said, I don't hate the Pouliot pick. I understand it. I think it was smart in ways since if he and Morrow work out, they'll have a top pairing/PP pairing for many years. Morrow has the shot and Pouliot is the playmaker.

Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote