Old
11-20-2012, 12:47 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevFu View Post
Simmons is a barometer for "sports customers in America"

What he thinks is pretty accurate to the majority of opinion.
The fact that he's wrong on things like "what is Bettman's fault and what's Zeigler's" or "who in the south is failing and who isn't" isn't really the point.

The point is: That's what about 80% of the customer base thinks, whether it's true or not.
Kind of a part of why I posted it. A lot of people especially from the other countries ask what the American opinion is a lot. Now Simmons isn't always with majority but he usually is. I thought this might show it. Sometimes it is apathetic and shows a somewhat basic knowledge of the game. But it does show frustration. I thought it captured in a lot of ways how I feel the American sports fan that is a hockey fan is taking this. Not the die-hards but people the NHL wants to rely on to pump money into the game and who actually do like Simmons. By the way important to note as much as he hates Bettman he sees problems with what the players are thinking. To a larger degree than how he looked at NFLPA and the NBAPA. At least that much I remember from reading him previously.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote