Thread: Prospect Info: 2012 Prospect Thread IV
View Single Post
Old
11-20-2012, 05:05 AM
lacrosseguy

vCash: 500
Of the Aeroes last 12 periods of hockey, Phillips has played 4, scratched a game and didnt play in 3rd period twice. When he did play those 4, 2 of those were with Josh Caron--nuff said, lol !
Of the two games he did p-lay with the skilled guys, one of those he was 1st star and scored shootout winner.
The reason Torch is hard on him, is that he sees the potential. Typicaly guys out of junior take a little longer, see Bulmer.
If Minny wanted to trade him, they would be doing the exact opposite of what they are doing. They would play them plenty, showcase them as much as possible, play them in situations to have success etc-not what they are doing with Zach--and as far as in public, would take every chance to pump their tires whether they believed it or not, to increase their trade ---you wouldnt sell your car and advertise its not working well, lol.
Personally, I like his game given the opportunities. I remember going back to draft, I said this kid needs a year or year and a half of AHL, but his potential is very very high just up to Minny to develop him properly.