View Single Post
Old
11-20-2012, 06:20 AM
pld459666

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
The automatic money that comes with being in the NFL has created a few teams that could care less about the product. That's just a byproduct of the system, and one that is unavoidable. I do think it's easier to maintain parity in the NHL, even moreso when small market teams have more money to compete. That's also one of the main reasons why this will never happen. You'd have a hard time convincing the big market teams/spenders to give even more player poaching power to the small market teams.

A league that shared all revenues would have healthier teams and values would go up across the board, as location would play less of a factor. I'm not sure how current revenues split, but sharing all gate revenue while letting clubs keep merchandise/tv/misc revenue might be more palatable.
name those teams. I don't know of any team in the NFL that doesn't care about winning or care about the product.

Poor management decisions may give you that impression, but that's all that is, is poor management decisions.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote