Thread: Proposal: Coyotes - Sabres
View Single Post
Old
11-20-2012, 06:59 AM
HiddenInLight

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
and gets the 3rd more offensive zone starts, second most pp starts. has the highest primary assist totals, and finishes just behind Christina Ehrhoff in PP60 amongst many other stats that go to show my basic point that Myers is an offensive defense man.

Can Myers develop into a top shutdown/defensive minded guy? Absolutely, but he's not now.

Can Myers turn into someone who isn't viewed as at least "soft" for his size? Again absolutely once he figures out that he has authority over the guys smaller than him but unfortunately thats not him now, a few highlight reel hits(arguably both being moderately defensive reaction not offensive in nature) doesnt change that fact that he isn't physically imposing yet.

What he does do well is use his reach and large frame well for positioning somethng that may prove to be his biggest strength in the longterm.

Not saying I completely disagree with you guys at all, just dont like the label "defensive" being used to describe him at this point, because its his offensive game that makes him special. Cheers
I personally think that he will eventually round out his abilities, and be a player that can excell on both sides of the puck, making him and Sekera a scary pairing in the future.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote