View Single Post
Old
11-20-2012, 08:15 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
I wouldn't rate the Sun Belt ahead of the MAC, but they're definitely on par with C-USA at this point, particularly when you consider the state of C-USA. It's going to be really, really weak next year when UCF and SMU bolt (Houston won't help, but they've been inconsistent over the years).

Maryland basically saying they need money and are going to the Big Ten after next season. I HATE this move, but if they have to do it, I guess they have to do it. Rutgers is expected to join them tomorrow.

This could get really interesting. UConn to the ACC feels like a foregone conclusion at this point. Louisville could be on the move, as could Cincinnati, but more teams could be leaving the ACC, particularly FSU, GT, and Clemson. VA Tech maybe, but I think any move they make would have to be a package deal with Virginia (seems like I remember that even being on the books in Virginia). That could then lead to more aftershocks and more conferences in dire straits like the WAC, which is watching its football championship die with a whimper, and they could be forced to take in the last three teams in the Great West just to stay alive.
I could see Louisville being attracted to the ACC, especially if the Big East's BCS status is in jeopardy. From a basketball standpoint its probably a wash and it would be an upgrade in football.