View Single Post
Old
11-20-2012, 09:32 AM
achtungbaby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
How, other than we aren't going to negotiate, would you interpret Bettman here?

If the owners were serious they'd say 50-50 with no other takeaways. They haven't they want to take away from every benefit/right the players have. And the make whole is only for existing contracts, and many have pointed out how many players contracts are expiring in the next year or two. Bettman makes it clear there is no negotiating the owners are willing to do. Take it or leave it.
This is a little confusing. Could you maybe clean this up a bit? I don't want to misinterpret what you're getting at. Sorry, reading's not my strong suit this early in the morning.

To add: This 2 week off thing seems to be a major sticking point for the union and those that support them. If Fehr said he didn't know where to go next, and Bettman didn't know where to go next, suggesting some time away isn't the greatest injustice in the world. I've had to take a step back from many problems and/or conflicts and was able to come back with a different point of view or a fresh idea to start with. I guess that's not the case here. Fehr said he'd rather keep talking and they did, what's the problem?

Last edited by achtungbaby: 11-20-2012 at 09:38 AM.