View Single Post
Old
11-20-2012, 08:40 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
I do expect the NHLPA to actually submit their first formal proposal in eight years. Hell, I expect them to submit three. However, I expect all three to be completely absurd. Two will offer delinked salaries, and the other will be almost exactly the same as the previous CBA. They won't be scrawled across paper napkins in pen ink with an excuse of "we didn't bother to run the numbers" like the last three they offered. They'll LOOK like legitimate proposals but they will not budge one single inch from where they players have maintained their absurd little position all along.

I think Fehr wants to lose this season. I think he wants to go full nuclear and pull out every insane stop. I believe he'd rather see the NHL collapse than agree to any CBA with a hard cap. I'm convinced the only reason he bothered to come out of retirement to bargain with a true hard cap league was to destroy the league or to destroy the cap. He doesn't care about hockey, hockey players, or the NHL. He cares about proving a philosophical point. Nothing more.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote