View Single Post
Old
11-20-2012, 10:02 AM
achtungbaby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Perhaps you haven't read to leaks about the offers. Owners aren't just after 50-50 right now. Shorter contracts, less guaranteed money on Entry Level Contracts, less arbitration rights (and I believe only at the team's request), longer time/age to UFA, I haven't read one give from the owners accept of course the privilege to play in the NHL. Personally, I don't turn on the game to watch owners or GM's.

Owners are not offering one thing in compensation for all these reductions.

And Bettman makes it clear the offer isn't going to get any better. When you say this is the best offer, it is a take it or leave it.
Without the owners, there would be no game to turn on. Owners are offering the players a chance to play hockey for a living while making more guaranteed money than they could anywhere else in the world. In your opinion, how much better can the offers get for the players? What is the NHL supposed to offer at this point?

IMO, the players should toss the rookies under the bus because every union does, accept the 50-50 revenue split and demand the current UFA age remains the same. Everything else can be negotiated.