View Single Post
Old
11-20-2012, 09:05 AM
superspitfan99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Ive never seen him do anything special. Than I look at his plus minus and its +50 in his draft year. That shows some defensive responsibility. But to me overall, Im not sold on Percy as a first round NHL pick. I was hoping the Leafs drafted Tomas Jurco with that pick. At most, I think he will be a 5-6 Dman in the NHL and not get any higher. There is only One thing that does jump out at me about Percy, and its not positive. He lacks toughness and although he may not need to be, it can show sometimes in certain battling situations. Im also worried about his backward mobility, speedy forwards can expose Percy's feet when they drive wide.
I would very much agree with your assessment of him. I think that he's done well on this team because he definately played the style of Cameron (quiet responsible....somewhat boring defenseman) and now still for Boyd who has pretty much continued that style. From my understanding, it wasn't until the Memorial Cup that people really noticed him. He's done well in the OHL, but I'm not so sure that he's going to be strong enough or tough enough for the NHL.