View Single Post
Old
11-20-2012, 10:08 AM
Martini*
Gods Team

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
Hawkaholic is right about Martini...his opinion goes against anyone who understands the game of hockey including the reporters, announcers and others who watch Rockford. Leddy has been incredible and oozes potential. His skating is already elite at an NHL level.
Your gonna have to post some proof of what you said that is highlighted considering I live in Rockford and what I have posted here is pretty much the same thoughts of the players here by most of the media here. The simple fact that Rockford is a place where players develop, and Leddy hasnt done step one in developing his defensive game should be reason enough to think that maybe he was rushed into the NHL to compensate the fact the Hawks traded away a much better player in Brian Campbell. Leddy, a cheaper alternative to a much, much better player, is playing, right now in Rockford, at his skill set. A one demisional defenseman who is a complete sieve in his own zone whom Hawk fans have placed in their top four means the Hawks top four is pretty bad. The best defensive pairing in the NHL, then Hammer, who is respectable, and Leddy? Yeah, sorry. Thats a bad top four. If Nick Leddy is in your top four, and this is after watching him play in the NHL last year, you have a couple problems.

And, as a STH for the Hogs, I might be the only person here who has been to every home game and seen Leddy in action with my own eyes. He just isnt that good outside of the PP. The league has adapted to him, so this whole "men among boys" folly is just that.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote