View Single Post
Old
11-20-2012, 11:37 AM
RayzorIsDull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Rychel blew it with the import draft - He thought SSM would roll over again and pass on Tolchinsky and he'd get the guy he wanted. Just like he thought Barrie would pass on Kerby I guess. He isn't proactive and takes other teams operating in their own best interest for granted. Choosing McCann over Ho-Sang isn't much, if any, real drop - but Tolchinsky vs whatever was remaining was a sizable difference.

And given what London had to pay to get Pete's pick outright it's painful that Warren didn't look to move up to guarantee the pick. Rather than paying that modest price he wanted to try and take advantage of the other teams by having Tolchinsky try to force his way to the Spits and thus have to give up nothing to get him.
I understand what you're saying and on the surface it looks that way. With that being said going by what legend said a week or so ago Rychel doesn't have the greatest relationship with some GM's. Is it possible he didn't have the best of relationships with Dave Reid? Reid made it known publicly the pick was being dealt. Maybe Reid is more comfortable dealing with Hunter as opposed to Rychel which is possible as well.

In regards to Ho-Sang I am not down on him but I am starting to understand why he slid a bit and why people thought others were as deserving or more deserving to be drafted ahead of Ho-Sang. The rookie crop is quite strong this year with McDavid, Clarke, Watson, Dal Colle, Salituro, Fabbri, Bennett, and McCann. This isn't a criticism of Ho-Sang but for a guy that was hyped as much as he was I would have thought he would be out producing a lot of those guys. Of course some of them might have better supporting casts around them and that goes back to management getting talent around a guy like Ho-Sang.