Thread: u17 camp
View Single Post
Old
11-20-2012, 10:59 AM
Luvtowatch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
I think you make a good point. David Miller, Jake Evans are doing very well in the OJHL. DAvid Miller is so darn smart and seems to have a will to win. Jake Evans is super smart and has excellent all round game. These 2 former Rebels to me are better than some of the First round picks like J. Addison. Evans only fell in the draft because of NCAA commitments. Miller I think scouts are just waiting for his size to limit him at the next level and its just not happening. He is very determined kid with a boatload of toughness. Last Yer in the playoffs Miller separated his shoulder and didnt want to miss time at all. That is inspiring and is one reason he had the C on his chest. Evans and Miller are very unselfish players as well. Addison is very one dimensional player. That dimension is a faboulous shot. Addison is dis-engaged without the puck. He was drafted far to high. Centorame to me was never appreciated last year but is phenomenal and so is Kyle Jenkins. All 4 are doing fantastic in the OJHL. Cornel, Petti, Hargrave and Desousa are not doing much in the OHL. Everyone else is doing very well. Lindo has less skill than most of those other guys but plays his role incredibly well. He grinds like crazy and forecheck like a monster. No other 16 yr old does that role like Lindo and u need that with on every team.
Many good points. I also loved Miller + Evans. Thought they were better than Bourne + Hargrave on that Rebel team. Addison did go too high, I preferred Lindo, Addison didn't make the team, one of the only 1st rd picks not to. Petti isn't playing badly and DeSousa is getting 4th line forward minutes as their blueline has a few older boys that George should be getting rid of. Cornel is doing nothing on a bad team and shouldn't be on the team, but hey he went 3rd overall. ( I'd like to repick if I'm the Petes brass)

Luvtowatch is offline   Reply With Quote