View Single Post
Old
11-20-2012, 11:00 AM
KH1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaB's View Post
I've seen you argue on here many times that steroids aren't performence enhancing, so I have one simple question for you. If steroids don't help improve your game then why do players take them? They know they're illegal and if they don't help why take them?
It's been repeatedly proven that corking your bat doesn't improve your power, yet players still do it. The simple answer here is that professional athletes aren't all that bright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh
honestly, as a jays fan and a physiology grad student, i'm more worried about the loss of the placebo effect than anything with cabrera.

from the studies i've read, after power (an area cabrera didnt really improve that much), the most significant effect of anabolic steroids (and therefore testosterone) is the placebo effect, or in other words the boost in confidence a player who is juicing gets from the knowledge that they are juicing.
Ironically, getting busted may end up helping Cabrera by keeping him motivated. Going all the way back to New York, you can draw a startlingly clear line between Melky's performance and what kind of shape he's in. One would think that he'd be hyper-motivated to prove himself this season, which bodes well for Toronto.

KH1 is offline   Reply With Quote