View Single Post
Old
11-20-2012, 11:42 AM
Whileee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinalera View Post
Again, I wonder what "interest" is driving Clark to the point of obsession. Sounds like everyone else is taking a bigger looks, but Clark keeps pushing forward, and I keep thinking why else is she doing this? She's gone so far beyond what a "normal" political push would do, it makes me think there's a vested interest somewhere that we aren't privy to.

Lately she has this whole tone of "desperation" going on, just wonder if she's got something serious to lose behind the scenes if/when this all goes south.
I'll give her the benefit of the doubt on her motivation. She obviously thinks that this is the best approach for the citizens of Glendale. I expect that many hockey fans in many cities would love to have city politicians who were willing to spend tax payers money to subsidize the local NHL team.

There are two problems with her approach. First, she has fallen into the trap of so many public figures of fudging the information to try to persuade an "uneducated" public to support her position. Second, I think that this gambit is destined for failure. Even if this lame duck council passes a motion supporting the lease, that won't solve the issue. If she and her supporters are interested in a durable solution for the Coyotes in Glendale, I don't think that this is a wise move.