View Single Post
Old
11-20-2012, 11:45 AM
Thesensation19*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Sandwiches View Post
Artificial scoring is not going to make the game any better.
100% right. In fact, goals dont make the game better or worse. I have watched some crazy 1-0 games, many of which are 10x better than 5-4 games.

I believe hockey is at its best, when two teams are tight in skill and talent. That is why I like the hard cap system, it allows for even playing field among all franchises and forces teams to be better at coaching and managing.

In the past, I feel you had 3-4 elite teams entering the playoffs who could win it all. 70s Boston, Montreal, Philly. 80s Edmonton, Isles, Calgary. 90s New York, New Jersey, Detroit. And before that it was worse... 3 teams dominated the 40s 50s and 60s.

Maybe im missing 1 or 2 teams in each of those decades but the hard cap creates a much better playoff story. 16 teams, 12 of them can go all the way. No one expected the Rangers to win the league and when they did, they still had a top level philly, pittsburgh, new jersey and Ottawa team. West was even more shocking and the winner was an all around wow.

People want balance. not two teams and being right on many projections to which winning a series or a game

Thesensation19* is offline   Reply With Quote