View Single Post
Old
11-20-2012, 12:12 PM
JetsHomer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Rich people don't get rich by tossing money around, or throwing money after bad money...it is a minor investment for somebody like Thomson, but he has made it perfectly clear that he anticipates the Jets to be a smart solid investment, not a money drain...not too mention he is only 50% owner, with the other 50% being Mark Chipman who cannot afford to throw money around on that level. Do not anticipate TNSE to treat these team as an expense.

I have no doubt we will follow a SJS/NSH type model...during lean rebuilding years we will be near the bottom on payroll, but we will spend when we have the team to spend. When it becomes time to rebuild again we will be cutting salary. The life of a mid market team...
Normally I agree with you...but Thomson is just so insanely rich I can't imagine the winnipeg jets money means anything to him. If sold all his assets for cash he could sustain a lose of 10m a year until the year 4312...

Let's do some equivalent math. Thomson spending 10m dollars would be the same as someone with 23k spending 10$. When you have that large of a cash pile, spending it in your lifetime is almost impossible. Sure he wont spend to spend. But when the time is right the Jets will be a cap team.

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote