View Single Post
Old
11-20-2012, 01:30 PM
S Bah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry2perry View Post
Crus Rydberg might be a riser but I doubt he will go in the top 30. He is not going to get a lot of icetime in the SEL this season. He was a freak of nature at 14, the best player at that age I've ever seen. Then he switched team and his production went down and he was not selected to the national teams anymore. He was apparently not willing to work hard enough. He has bounced back this season though and has looked really good on his junior team and on the national team. He is similar to Lindholm in terms of style (perhaps not as aggressive and physical) but Lindholm is better at everything at the moment. Skating was said to be an issue but that looked just fine the last time I saw him play. The raw talent is there but it would be a big gamble to take him with an early pick imo.

Another guy from Sweden that has been on the rise all season is Alexander Wennberg who scored a hat-trick in Allsvenskan this Sunday. One of the oldest guys in the draft. Playmaker with soft hands and extremely smooth skating, this guy will be a first-rounder if he can keep it up.
My thoughts on Sweden's 1st round possibilities are having as many as eight players again not including any goalies.Lindholm looks like a diamond in the rough along with Andre Burakowsky and Viktor Crus Rydberg as centers.Robert Hagg is another in a long line of Swedish defencemen that remind scouts of Nick Lidstrom,the usual comparisons made about forwards being like Peter Forsberg are always exaggerated but the Swedes definitely have some swagger at the draft tables every year it seems.Timmins of course has had his eyes on Wennberg since last year and who knows how many others have garnered his interest.It's going to be a great Entry Draft this year,there are very good prospects into the 3rd round,let's hope the Habs get to draft a couple of really smart and talented forwards to complement Galchenyuk for the future.Another defence prospect that has caught my attention is Marc McNulty LD for Prince George Cougars,in 15 games he has 4 goals and two assists and his size is a bonus @6'6" and a mere mortal 190 lbs.he could be an interesting draft choice for the future.

Last edited by S Bah: 11-20-2012 at 02:07 PM.